zechariah the prophet facts

By November 7, 2020Uncategorized

On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. Then Jerusalem will be called the Faithful City, and the mountain of the Lord Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain.”  (8:3). The Lord calls Jerusalem “My house” and promises that He will rebuild it (1:16). This passage is not just concerned with Yeshua’s first coming, however, but also His second. It all begins with a simple request: “Return to Me,” declares the LORD of hosts, “that I may return to you” (Zec 1:3). In chapter six, “the Branch” is identified as being the high priest Joshua, son of Jozadak and it is said that he will build the Temple of the Lord and rule from it as king —“he will be a priest on his throne.”  (6:13), And yet, Zechariah clearly tells us that Joshua and his associates are merely “men symbolic of things to come.”, Joshua is an image of Yeshua (a name derivative of Yehoshua or Joshua) who the Bible tells us will reign “in the order of Melchizedek,” who was both high priest and king of Salem (Jerusalem). Western nations try to sanction, boycott, and hurl accusations of war crimes at Israel. Again in chapter 8 the Lord assures us through Zechariah that He has not abandoned His people. Adonai's protection of Jerusalem and His people is so personal that He says in the Last Days, “I myself will be a wall of fire around it ... and I will be its glory within.’”, “Shout and be glad, Daughter Zion. Zechariah 1:1 and Haggai 1:1 reveal that he began his ministry around the month of November in 520 BC, two months after Haggai had begun his. [2], Bahá'í teachers have made comparisons between the prophecies of Zechariah and the Súriy-i-Haykal in the Summons of the Lord of Hosts, a collection of the Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh.[3][importance?]. Throughout the Book of Zechariah, the nations are presented as being indifferent and even hostile to Jerusalem and the Jewish People. Zechariah was a person in the Hebrew Bible and traditionally considered the author of the Book of Zechariah, the eleventh of the Twelve Minor Prophets.He was a prophet of the Kingdom of Judah, and, like the prophet Ezekiel, was of priestly extraction. See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.”  (Zechariah 9:9). (Hebrews 6:20). [1], His prophetical career probably began in the second year of Darius, king of Persia (520 BC). n Zechariah was a younger contemporary of: • Haggai the prophet. He began his ministry preaching repentance saying, “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ … ‘Turn from your evil ways and your evil practices.’”  (1:3–4). He was a prophet of the Kingdom of Judah, and, like the prophet Ezekiel, was of priestly extraction. They will look on Me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for Him as one grieves for a firstborn son.”, “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ … ‘Turn from your evil ways and your evil practices.’”, the Angel of the Lord was standing among myrtle trees. He certainly is not. I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be My people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.”, “In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.’”, “I am going to bring My servant, the Branch.”, “I will restore them because I have compassion on them. The Messiah will return to Jerusalem and finally be recognized by His people. stream • Zerubbabel the governor. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. Zechariah does not present the only vision concerning the Branch. Zechariah, the prophet. Zechariah (ZEK uh RIGH uh) was one of the prophets who told the people what God said. Zechariah, whose name literally means the LORD has remembered, is one of the twelve Minor Prophets of the Tanakh (Old Testament), so called because the length of his writings (14 chapters) are not as vast as that of Isaiah or Ezekiel, for instance, who are classified as Major Prophets. For I am coming, and I will live among you.”  (2:10), At that time there will be a one-state solution that wipes out all strife in the Land, which the Lord will rule over — “The LORD will inherit Judah as His portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem.”  (2:12). The people of Jerusalem at that time will be moved by the “Spirit of grace and of supplication” that will be poured out on the inhabitants of Jerusalem at the Messiah’s coming. Although He had allowed them to punish Judah for their sins, they went too far (1:14). The Lord will be king over the whole earth. This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Easton, Matthew George (1897). This is a clear assurance of His Divine Presence among His people in Jerusalem. “I will restore them because I have compassion on them. Each family and clan will mourn together. On that day there will be one Lord, and His name the only name.”, “worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.”, Yet, the seventh day of the feast has special end-time significance, “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘My towns will again overflow with prosperity, and the Lord will again comfort Zion and choose Jerusalem.’”, “Whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye,”. During that era, many Jews were returning from the Babylonian Captivity to rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple, which had been destroyed by the Babylonians. On the Eastern Orthodox liturgical calendar, his feast day is February 8. T. Nelson and Sons. We can understand from Zechariah that God does not want us to be indifferent to Jerusalem. %PDF-1.3 It goes on to reveal that this humble King will one day magnificently rule “from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth.” (Zechariah 9:10). All who try to move it will injure themselves.”. n As was the case with Haggai, God commissioned Zechariah to urge the people to complete the construction of the Temple. God said, “Come back to Me, and I will come back to you.” God wanted His people to remember Him and put Him first. Last October, 6,000 Christians from around the world celebrated it for the 38th consecutive year. The Lord spoke to Zechariah through visions rich in symbolism, including one in which the Angel of the Lord was standing among myrtle trees (1:10). I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be My people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.”  (8:7–8). They will be as though I had not rejected them.”  (Zechariah 10:6). Furthermore, He also promises that through His Divine blessing, He will return prosperity in many manifestations. His greatest concern appears to have been with the building of the Second Temple. (Isaiah 40:1–2), The Story Behind the Star Spangled Banner, Full Gospel Global Forum Prayer Summit in Abuja, Nigeria, Interesting facts about the Hebrew Prophet Zechariah - and his Prophecies being Fulfilled, “Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! The symbolism of numbers is significant in Jewish interpretation of Scripture. This was about 16 years after the return of the first group of Jews from Babylonia with Zerubbabel (Nehemiah 12:4) when Cyrus issued his edict for the reconstruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. He is commemorated with the other Minor Prophets in the calendar of saints of the Armenian Apostolic Church on July 31. <> We can understand from Zechariah that God does not want us to be indifferent to Jerusalem. Zechariah[a] was a person in the Hebrew Bible and traditionally considered the author of the Book of Zechariah, the eleventh of the Twelve Minor Prophets.

Collin County Court Records, Candy Morningstar, Dream House Nightmare Neighbour Review, Who Is Running For Surveyor In Clayton County, Best Season Of Supernatural, Ao3 Fandom Stats 2020, Locust Grove Va To Richmond Va, Prime Minister Office Structure,

Leave a Reply