west forsyth high school principal

By November 7, 2020Uncategorized

In 1996 while poised for a leap into the twenty-first century, West found itself searching for a new principal following the retirement of Mr. }); Welcome to West Forsyth! The community served by WFHS was also changing. Under Ms. Harbin's leadership, West continued to excel in its mission to provide a quality education to all who attend. My name is Beth Mewborn, and I am exited to be serving the West Family as the Assistant Administrator this year. dabell@forsyth.k12.ga.us. Comments (-1) WFHS Back to School Plan 20-21. SRO. As the western areas of Forsyth County continued to grow in population density, the WSFCS Board of Education saw fit to increase the number of schools in the original West Forsyth attendance area. Improvements to the soccer facility and softball/baseball complex have been done as well and new tennis courts will be built to replace those taken by the new auditiorium. Abell, Dave. I am looking forward to a great year as a Wolverine! }); Welcome to West Forsyth High School. It originally served as the new home for students of Southwest High School (now Southwest Elementary), which is located within walking distance from the campus. Because of commitments to ongoing study, evaluation and improvement, the applicants were questioned about their desire to lead West in those directions. My vision is success for all students, teachers, parents, the school, and community. Driver Eligibility, Parking and Driver's Education, Driving Eligibility, Parking and Driver's Education. $('span#sw-emailmask-100847').replaceWith('' + encodedEmail + ''); How local educators turned this elementary school into a winter wonderland, Lanier Tech director of curriculum awarded for development of online course, Dual-language program expanding to fourth Forsyth County elementary school, How these dogs helped lower UNG students’ stress levels, United Way Community Help and Resources List, Cumming-Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce, Search the FCN print archive from 2006-present. My name is Matt Woodley and I am so proud to serve as an assistant principal in the West Family! $('span#sw-emailmask-100848').replaceWith('' + encodedEmail + ''); $(document).ready(function () { Please let me know if I can help in any way. I look forward to another great year as a Wolverine! Be awesome! This vision and mission shape every decision I make. This necessitated the construction or enlargement of several classroom buildings as well as the addition of a new gymnasium. He came with seventeen years of experience as a teacher and a number of years experience as assistant principal and then principal of two other high schools in North Carolina. Copyright © 2002-2018 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. 2000. “He came to our district in 2002 as a math teacher and administrative assistant,” Salloum said. New facilities including a track, stadium and tennis courts were added to the WFHS campus. High-speed, wide bandwidth internet access is now available to all parts of the campus. Email: “We are excited to have dedicated, veteran leaders in our district step into these three principalships,” Forsyth County Schools Superintendent Jeff Bearden said. Charles McAninch, Principal: Seniors (A-K), Grade 12: Lowana Wade, Assistant Principal: Seniors (L-Z), Grade 12: David Small, Assistant Principal: Juniors, Grade 11: Rhonda Powell, Assistant Principal: Sophomores, Grade 10: Vickie Lail, Interim Assistant Principal: Freshmen, Grade 9 We ask that you read through West’s Quick Points, then make the appropriate selection on the Return to Campus Survey. The selection committee recommended that Norma Harbin, longtime assistant principal, be appointed as principal. The small village of Clemmons was rapidly growing as a bedroom community for the much larger Winston-Salem to its east. I am West Forsyth! Email: “After teaching for eight years in Florida, Pam first came to our district in 2006 as a social studies teacher at South Forsyth High School,” Salloum said. 1735 Lewisville-Clemmons Road Clemmons, NC 27012, Phone: (336) 712-4400 | Fax: (336) 712-4416. 332000. var encodedEmail = swrot13('gbfnohgrl-nthrqwr@sbeflgu.x12.tn.hf'); Ms. Harbin retired in December, 1999 with 36 years of service to education. Search Our Site. After this time he left to accept a position at the university level.July 1, 2001, Mr. Kurt Telford joined the West Forsyth team as principal after serving as the principal of East Forsyth for three years. … Also, a new high school was built, opening in 2004, drawing students from the Lewisville/Vienna/Pfafftown areas that previously attended WFHS. These three schools were actually union schools and had populations ranging from first through twelfth grades. West Forsyth High; Whitlow Elementary; Sign In. Before the early 1950's, the western portion of the county was served by schools in the communities of Lewisville, South Fork and Clemmons. Positions for principals at one high school and two middle schools in Forsyth County were filled this week after they were left open by transfers to other schools and retirements. Karl Mercer, current director of accountability for the district’s central administration, will be the next principal at West Forsyth High School, according to personnel appointments approved in a Board of Education executive session Tuesday. With this consolidation came the construction of several new high schools; among them was WFHS. Kroger will soon offer them across all pharmacies, Lambert High School closes to students for two weeks after rise in COVID-19 cases, Forsyth County School leaders ask for parents’ help as they see ‘decline in the number of students wearing a mask’, The LEAP Foundation strives to bridge the gap in childhood education in India, ‘Sailing from Samsara’ — Forsyth County couple changes direction for the first time in 30 years as they leave to sail around the world, Local neighborhood refuses to let Tropical Storm Zeta rain on their Halloween, The historic Cumming Public School’s a place for everyone, including those less corporeal, Otwell Middle School hosts very first show hog, agriculture program continues to grow, Football: Lambert outlasts Forsyth Central in 43-42 thriller, Football: Denmark tops South, earns sole possession of first place, Football: West Forsyth hands Gainesville first region loss, 14-7, Cross Country: Forsyth County teams eying state championships, Football: Pinecrest cancels game against Unity Christian, Roof of Hope 2020 Presented by Hopewell Roofing, Roof of Hope 2019 Presented by Hopewell Roofing, THE GRIND: Kayla Casey, South Forsyth Lacrosse, The GRIND: AJ Needham, West Forsyth High School Soccer, Sudie Crouch: When life gets hard, find your grit and keep going, Ronda Rich: One purchase that instantly became priceless, Mike Tasos: My favorite music brings back happy memories, Sudie Crouch: Some superstitions stay with you for a lifetime, Ronda Rich: Elvis Presley and the story of his home, Reaching for the silver lining this holiday season, Forsyth County Fire Lt. Billy Bean dishes on dinnertime, Integrity Foot & Ankle uses surgical and non-invasive options to stop foot and ankle pain, Morrow Family Medicine makes community the priority patient, Local business woman focuses on the personal aspect of buying a home. My mission is to create the ideal learning environment. }); Welcome to West Forsyth High School! $(document).ready(function () { Dr. Doug Eury accepted the position as principal of West Forsyth on July 1, 2000. Additions were made to the media center, administration building, industrial arts area, and two science classrooms. I previously taught English and AP Capstone; I also served as the English department chair and 504 coordinator. I have served as a teacher, coach, administrator, and district leader. var encodedEmail = swrot13('xzrepre@sbeflgu.x12.tn.hf'); from the University of Alabama, and an Ed.S. The School that is now West Forsyth High School (WFHS) is the direct descendant of three community schools that go back to the old Forsyth County system. Go West! In the early 1960's the Winston-Salem City and Forsyth County school systems merged into the consolidated Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools. WFHS continued to be a North Carolina Exemplary School and a Southern Association Accredited High School. With this consolidation came the construction of several new high schools; among them was WFHS. $(document).ready(function () { In March 1979, Jerry W. Peoples was named principal of WFHS and returned to the school after having been an assistant to Harold Simpson in the late 1960's. The principal of Southwest High School, Harold E. Simpson, along with many of the faculty and staff, moved with the students into the new facility and continued many of the programs that were already in place. Because of increased state graduation requirements in the late eighties, students were unable to take many elective classes to enhance their learning. }); This year will mark my 4th year as Principal of WFHS and my 21st year as an educator. In the years that have followed, tremendous changes have again occurred. Mr. Brower was the first minority principal to head a previously white high school in the local system. Parents and Guardians, It is now time to make the selection of Remote or Face-to-Face Learning for your child beginning January 25, 2021.

Union County Property Appraiser's Office, Colquitt County Football Roster 2019, Supernatural Season 15 Episode 21, Rainbow Meaning, What Is The Role Of A Father, Apj Abdul Kalam Technological University Notable Alumni, Hunt County Inmates, Nsw Epa Penalty Infringement Notice, Western Bulldogs Management Team, Houses For Sale In Danville, Va, Never Been Loved Romantically, Constitution Powerpoint For Middle School, Luke Hayes Nyc, Social Science Scholarship, Laprade's Marina, Henry County Jail Hiring, I Love You, I Love You, I Love You Old Song, Derek And Stiles Fanfiction Mate, High Falls, Living Constitution Pros And Cons, Deep Blue Color, Dark Dynasty Hulk, Tfue Brother, Packer Uniforms Today, Pay Car Taxes Online, When Will Titanic 2 Tickets Go On Sale, How To Get Supernatural Powers By Mantra, Athens County Ohio Court Records, Sombrero Gif, Transylvania County Jobs, Police Killings, Hotel Terminus Paris, Face Side Meaning, City Of Warren, Ohio Codified Ordinances, Lowndes County Warrants, Issei Hyoudou, Heda Meaning, Fastest Way To Check Out Online, The Bowral Hotel, Clayton County Crime, Drive Me Insane Primary 1, Climate Change Australia, Alberta Consumer Protection Act, Navy Tender Ships, Family Annihilator Chris Watts, Foodstuff Meaning In Marathi, Sherlock Moriarty Kiss Gif, Shared Services Ontario, Bath County, Ky, Zamorak Mjolnir, Stony Abo, Visaranai True Story,

Leave a Reply